Wordament on Windows 8
Did you used to be able to play, and now suddenly you can’t? “WHAT HAPPENED!?!” Believe us, we know how you feel. We’ve been discovering recently that Trend Micro Titanium anti-virus is blocking access from a Windows computer to both Wordament Web BETA and Wordament Windows 8. If you have that product, we recommend you disable it. Windows 8 already includes built in protection with Windows Defender.
After starting Wordament on your iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad, you are presented with the Xbox sign-in screen. If you enter your Microsoft Account user name and password and can’t sign in, then it means that you don’t have a free Xbox account associated with your Microsoft Account.
To resolve this:
- Navigate to http://www.xbox.com/ and sign-in with your Microsoft Account credentials.
- Select the region and agree to the Terms of Service.
- A random Xbox Gamertag is created and displayed under Your Account Summary.
- Click Ok.
- Start Wordament.
Wordament doesn’t support my iPhone 5
Wordament runs fine on iPhone 5, but we don’t yet use the full resolution of the device. We will be delivering an update with this functionality soon. In the mean-time, enjoy the game!
Wordament Windows Phone
Wordament will not connect
If you’re having trouble connecting; first, we’re sorry and want to help you play.
You should be able to connect to Wordament in 4 easy steps:
1. Check that you have internet access on the device by trying to view a web page in Internet Explorer. Assuming that is working, please go double check that Xbox LIVE is enabled on your device. Here is a post on how to do that.
2. Sometimes the Xbox LIVE service needs a forced refresh. In the Xbox LIVE HUB, swipe over to the Xbox LIVE pivot where your avatar is, tap on the ellipse at the bottom right corner and tap refresh. This should update your Xbox LIVE settings. Then try running Wordament again.
3. If it’s still not working check that your phone’s date+time settings are correct. Go to Settings->Date+time. It may be necessary to manually set your date and time for Xbox LIVE to refresh properly.
4. If all of the above were correct for you, and you still can’t connect- try turning the power to your phone off, wait 10 seconds and turn it back on. This will clear a condition with Xbox LIVE where your account is stuck. This fixes 99% of all issues not associated with the above.
Connection problems can also be caused if you have recently changed your password on the account you use for Xbox LIVE. The games hub needs to be updated with the correct password in order for Wordament or other Xbox LIVE games to function correctly.
If you still aren’t connecting we would like to hear from you. Wordament@microsoft.com
My name is something like player1234, can I change it?
On a Windows Phone you can setup a gamertag by following the instructions here.
Unlocking an Achievement still plays a sound even though I turned sound off
Unfortunately, Wordament code can’t control the Achievement sound level in the same way that it can’t control your ring tone volume. Achievements are an operating system sound. You can however turn off the sound for all Achievements.
- Go to Settings – Ringtones & Sounds
- Scroll to bottom and uncheck “All other notifications”.
Can I change the flag that shows up in the leaderboards.
Yes. You can do this in Help & Options. On Windows Phone and iOS you just need to swipe over on the Start screen to Help & Options and then scroll down to “Leaderboard flag”. On Windows 8 this option is in the charms, so swipe in from right side.