The Windows Store just notified us that our newest update is available for download into your Windows 8 Consumer Preview system. This release fixes all of the known and reported issues. As always, thanks to our community for helping us find some of these issues. Our favorite goes out to a couple of folks on the opposite side of the planet from us, that reported that “Wordament games are counting down from 32:00 to 30:00”!
There are no new “features” in this build. This was a pure bug fix release and it includes:
- Support for suspend / resume
- Support to auto-recover on network hiccups
- Support for future, required updates
- Fixed the “time zone” bug for non-hour-based time zones
- Fixed a bunch of UI layout glitches, including better “Aero Snap” that even more closely resembles it’s Windows Phone sibling
- Fixed the mirror image mini board bug when transitioning from Game board to Individual results
- Fixed the layout of How to Play, Leaderboards, and Frenemies in Aero Snap
- Fixes the positioning of the Wordament logo on non-Full screen launches
The most significant reason to download this update is the first two items. When Windows suspends, Wordament was getting permanently stuck in “Connectivity required.” We are now, correctly, handling all the suspend, resume, and networking states to remain playable during those events.
Hope you like it! If you do, please rate us in the Store!
— Black Snapper