Update: The public beta is now closed. Thanks for all the valuable feedback. We plan to submit for Marketplace certification this week.
It’s been thrilling to watch the Wordament community grow week over week. As developers it’s amazing to think that our code is running on so many devices, 24 hours a day. It’s also a bit terrifying. Terrifying from the standpoint that every change we make in the name of progress has the potential to introduce an unintended consequence, a.k.a. bug. So, Black Snapper and I have decided that in addition to running all changes through our tester we will also be doing public betas before we go live with new releases of Wordament. This is your chance to get an early sneak peak at what’s coming in Wordament as well has help us validate bug fixes.
To install a public beta you will need a developer unlocked Windows Phone 7. To unlock your phone you need to be part of the Windows Phone 7 developer program or have a friend who is. Instructions for unlocking can be found here. Once unlocked, you can deploy the Wordament Public Beta via the Application Deployment tool found in the Windows Phone 7 SDK.
The build we are posting has the following improvements:
- No more hiccups around the 1:00 mark. The game should now play smooth all the way through, on all phones. This problem seemed more prevalent on the HTC Trophy.
- “Times up” didn’t always display. Now it will always show when the game is over.
- Improved performance on slower network connections.
- Faster transitions between screens. This means you have more time to look at your result and rank.
- Fixed top crashing bugs as reported by users
We really appreciate the help in verifying that this build is a good one. Give us a shout if you find bugs or if you think it looks good.
John and Black Snapper