We’ve just received word from Microsoft that our “quick fix” update to our newest build will be available (depending on your time zone) within the next 24 hours. This is a minor update (there are no new features), but it addresses a few critical bugs that we discovered within the first day of having everyone get the update earlier this week. Specifically, we fixed:
- A crashing bug at start up – if you tap the screen during launch, the game could crash.
- A long hang at start up on some models of phones.
- An issue where you could accidentally start playing without a screen name, thus never letting you be seen in the leaderboard.
- An issue where some players were getting their scores dropped on the phone results screen, but not on the Phone or Web leaderboards.
- An issue with the (missing) text on the “Connectivity required” screen
- An issue where “Time’s up!” didn’t always appear, making the phone appear hung
Unfortunately, this doesn’t fix every issue that’s been reported, but it does fix everything that we know how to fix. We are reaching out to get some help from Microsoft on the new, long lag between the end of a game and the “Your Score” screen appearing. We have used every tool in the toolbox to try and figure out what’s what, but all the tools say: “our code is correct and speedy” both on the device and in our emulator… and yet, there is clearly lag.
We’re sorry about that and ask that you overlook it short term while we work to find a fix. Thank you all so much for the support, suggestions, and great feedback!
— Black Snapper