You’ve been asking for leaderboards since we went live. Yesterday, just two weeks after launching, we pushed out a small client update that set the process of global leaderboards in motion. We are literally working as hard as we can to bring you the best arena for real-time word games, and today we take the next step: Web-based leaderboards. We are going to bring Phone-based leaderboards too (in our App’s next phone update), but we didn’t want to wait for that. The server is ready today and we want to start testing the load against it, before it comes to each and every phone. But, to participate in the leaderboards, you must make sure you have the latest version of Wordament. Head to the Marketplace, click on Update, and get ready to rock!
So, got the latest update? Ready for the next step? Click on one of the Leaderboard links on the right, and begin your journey of taunting or shame. We’ve got five leaderboards to enjoy:
- Top 250 – the best players by total cumulative score. Play more, move up! Beat your friends and tell them about how awesome you are.
- Best this hour – Resetting each hour, battle to the finish to get to and stay at the top of the leaderboard!
- Best of today – A rolling 24-hour leaderboard showing who’s who over 24 hours. You might have been good this morning… but are you even relevant tonight?
- Best of the week – Sure. You had a good hour. Maybe even a good day. Are you able to hold it for the whole week? Consistency over time is the key!
- Best this month – It only takes one amazing game to rub it in everyone’s face. Who’s the Wordament champion this month?
Oh, and one more thing: Notice the Countries and flags? Pretty cool, huh? The benefit of having an internet service powering your game is that your phone makes connections and we send results. One of the side benefits, is that we can geo look up every incoming IP address. With the next phone update, you’ll be able to override our “guess” and represent the country you live in, come from, or dream about.
Let us know how we’re doing! The best way is to provide ratings in the Windows Phone Marketplace. But, you can also feel free to leave us comments here, or drop us a line: email@example.com. We love hearing from you and we love playing with you. Let the battle for the top spots begin!
— Black Snapper, Engineer / Gamer, You vs. the Internet